This introduction to weightlifting training is open to anyone 17 years of age or older. The scope and sequence of this course includes the teaching progressions of the Snatch, Clean& Jerk, and all associated movements. Participants will gain knowledge and experience of programming of training for both competitive weightlifters and for athletes using the weightlifting movements for strength and power development as it applies their chosen sport. The course includes theoretical classroom, and practical hands-on portions. Course duration is over one weekend and lasts approximately 13-14 hours divided between lecture and practical training. This course is applicable for Strength & Conditioning/Sports Performance, Health & Fitness and beginning level competitive Weightlifting Coaches. Participants who successfully complete USAW's Sport Performance Certification may become USAW Club Coach certified with the subsequent passing of a criminal background screening.
2 Day Course:
· Includes certification as USA Weightlifting Sport Performance Coach
· Certified Sport Performance coaches may achieve Club Coach status with successful passing of criminal background screening.
· A Club Coach is required for formation of a USA Weightlifting Registered Club.
· Coaches' Liability Insurance is available to certified coaches.
· Course cost: $499, plus membership
UPDATE: This meet has already fulfilled the required number of participants to run so the course will be happening.